Each day the COVID-19 situation is evolving and United Way is monitoring updates from CDC COVID-19 and MDH Strategies. There are many wonderful programs to assist individuals and families including those that provide food support with distribution systems in place that may be in need of support. We will provide updates on the greatest needs and opportunities to provide helping hands as we identify these opportunities!
The health and safety of our communities is our top priority. We want to share the actions we're taking to help protect our community — and what you can do to help.
Here’s what we do:
• United Way convenes non-profit partners to identify and respond to community needs.
• United Way provides community resources and referrals to provide support to individuals and families.
• United Way provides program support through 12 programs including Food Drops, Backpack Attack, Equipped to Work and our Community Coat Room and awards over 30 grants to local non-profits to support our community.
• United Way 211 website has answers to commonly asked questions about COVID-19.
- United Way of Douglas & Pope Counties office is closed until further notice. Our staff continues to work remotely and can be reached by email.
Current response efforts:
• Our Backpack Attack bags provided kid friendly food support for students – 1000 Bags were distributed to students this week and we will be packing over 1500 additional bags to continue to support students and families across Douglas & Pope Counties in the coming days/weeks.
• We will continue to offer monthly Food Drops in Douglas & Pope Counties
• Residents across Minnesota can call 211 for local information and referrals, text your zip code to: 898211, or visit www.211unitedway.org to start a chat. For information and updates specific to coronavirus, you can text: MNCOVID to: 898211.
Here’s how you can help:
• Make a donation:
- Support local non-profits
- Sponsor a Food Drop
- Support Backpack Attack
For more information about United Way programs or United Way COVID response, follow us on Facebook or revisit this page.