Adopt a Family
Adopt a Family is a United Way Program that connects a community member who needs help purchasing gifts for their children with another community member would like to “adopt” them. This program serves Douglas and Pope County residents with children ages 0-18.
A wish list for each child is provided to the adopter by email. The adopter then purchases as much as they can, or would like, off of the wish-list. New, unwrapped gifts can be dropped off at United Way of Douglas & Pope Counties office. All parties are kept confidential!
Registration for those wishing to adopt is now closed.
We adopted out all families! THANK YOU!
Updated 12/11/2020 12:05pm
For those wishing to be adopted registration is now closed.
Register by Phone:
- Friday, December 4th | 10am - 4pm
- Monday, December 7th | 10am - 2pm
- Thursday, December 10th | 10am - 2pm *Last day to register!
Gift Drop-off (Adopters) :
- Friday, December 11th from 8am - 4pm
- Gifts cannot be dropped off early. All gifts must be new and unwrapped.
Gift Pick-up (those being Adopted):
- Wednesday, December 16th from 8am - 4pm
- Thursday, December 17th from 8am - 4pm
- Instructions on gift pick-up to follow registration